The iPod cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified.I copied and paste the error message above for a possible solution. Here's what I did, and it worked!
- Switch your Apple cable to a different USB port
- From the start menu, go to "Computer", and locate your iPod Right click your iPod, and select Properties. If you are on Windows 7, you can also select Properties from the Organize menu toolbar (top left corner of your screen)
- Under Tools and Error-checking, check "Check-now"
- Click on both "Automatically fix file system errors" + "Scan for and attempt recovery for bad sectors". Scan will start. This might take about 5-10 minutes
- Once the scan done, this message appeared, "Some problems were found and fixed"
- Disconnect your iPod
- Open iTunes
- Hook up iPod
- When iPod appears on iTunes, click on the iPod icon, and select Restore (at this level, you need to be connected to the internet)
- You will go through the restore program, and you'll be able to sync with your iPod again.