Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads

This is the only method that works for me. For over a decade, I've tried to leave them alone, and also use expensive skin care, but none of them works! The pores get larger and deeper. Despite the warnings and different opinions on how to get rid of blackheads on your nose, I find that the best solution is to squeeze your nose when the blackheads are visible to the eyes. The pores don't get bigger, on the contrary, they become less visible (at least for me), and my nose skin feels smoother to the touch.

This is how I do it. The secret here is to be consistent. Do it once a week, every week.
  1. Wash your face with your regular face cleanser;
  2. Steam your face:
    • Boil water and pour it in a bowl. I bought a new bowl for this purpose only; 
    • With your face bent over the bowl, drape a towel over your head to keep the steam from escaping; 
    • Steam for 5 minutes;
  3. Use a blackhead extractor (or blackhead remover) to squeeze (not scrape nor pop) the comedones out. Apply pressure on one side of the blackhead, to squeeze it out of the pore. The comedones will come out like a toothpaste.
  4. Exfoliate with your regular exfoliator;
  5. This step is optional: you may apply your regular facial mask;
  6. Dab your regular toner to close pores (I'd recommend rose water);
  7. Moisturize.
    Sometimes, I do get annoyed by the blackheads that pop up in between the weekly facial steam, and so I cheat and squeeze them after my shower. I then wash my face and apply toner, followed moisturizer. Moisturizer is important to keep the skin hydrated from all the irritation caused to it.

    2 comments:

    how to get rid of blackheads on your nose said...

    I agree, the only secrete is to be consistent. You have to love your skin and give a lot of attention to avoid or to remove the blackheads and whiteheads. Thanks for the step by step procedure;)

    Ketchup said...

    Glad it's helpful :)