Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cannot open Raw file in Photoshop CS5 [solved]

Finally I got a Secure Digital (SD) memory card with storage capacity of 8GB, which is the least that I should be getting for my Nikon D7000. The transfer speed indicates 15MB per second, which according to the camera shop owner is good enough for my DSLR model. Based on the book I'm currently reading, D7000 can write to a card very quickly, so the SD memory card has to be fast enough to prevent corrupted files.

That being said, I've encountered a problem when I tried to open RAW files with Photoshop CS5. This message appears:
Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw. [...]
Researching for the solution led me to this link in Adobe: kb407110. I read and followed the instructions carefully, and am really glad that it worked!

Before installing the latest Camera Raw version 6.4, I had to check that the camera model I'm using is supported (kb407111).

To install Camera Raw version 6.4, click on this link to version 6.4, navigate down and select "Install Camera Raw 6.4 plug-in for Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Creative Suite 5". Remember to exit Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. After downloading the installer, unzip the file before starting the installation by double-click on AbobePatchInstaller.

No comments: