Sunday, February 27, 2011

Singapore: Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

After a tiring walk the previous day, I decided to go slower and explore the vicinity of Chinatown MRT, wearing flip flops. It was a gloomy day. I walked from Exit A, along the street market towards the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

The buildings are well maintained.

Chinatown-Singapore-2

Chinatown-singapore-1

singapore-chinatown-1

A heavy thunderstorm raged outside when I took cover inside the temple. I missed the outer view of the majestic temple architecture, but I made sure to have visited each and every floor inside (air conditioned :), the top floor being an outside garden. The entrance fee is free and the opening hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

tooth-relic-temple-singapore

At the entrance, people write down their wishes, and lighted candles in the colorful candle holders:

tooth-relic-temple-7

buddhist-tooth-relic-temple

tooth-relic-temple

Life story of the Buddha.

tooth-relic-temple-4

tooth-relic-temple-5

Outside garden at the top floor. The monk in the picture is a tourist. I believe he's from Tibet.

tooth-relic-temple-2

tooth-relic-temple-3

tooth-relic-temple-6

No comments: