Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions and Bread Pudding

I finally get time to bake again. Bread pudding is one of my favorites for this time of the year, partly because it's quick and easy, and also because I enjoy the taste of the cinnamon and nutmeg.

bread-pudding

Another year has gone... in a flash. Some of my new year resolutions for this year are to (1) be less overwhelmed with house chores, i.e. get organized, and (2) take better care of my skin to look and feel good about myself.

What I find helpful in sticking to resolution #1, a great tip from DH, is to list down all the tasks that need to be done that day, and cross out what has been accomplished. What is more helpful is to write down the number of minutes required for each task. It feels good to cross out what was done, and it feels even better to cross out the last task by the end of the day.

To keep resolution #2, I've planned out a schedule for a weekly spa facial at home (only 30 minutes once every week). The steps were shown to me by my pretty auntie when I was in university, but I kept dragging it for almost 10 years :( I was too lazy. Now, I've got to discipline myself, I can't have any excuses anymore. Let's see how well I keep up with this! Stay tuned for my spa facial post, and more!

Wishing you and your family a great new start, and a very Happy New Year 2011!

No comments: