Sunday, September 26, 2010

DIY green tea facial wash, exfoliator & toner

It's been a while I haven't posted topics related to D.I.Y. and beauty. So I hope you'll find this post useful. It's very easy, cost effective and your skin will love the result!

Method:

Start by making green tea with boiling water and 1 tea bag. I use normal green tea from the supermarket.


Use as a scrub to clear pores and blackheads
  • Steep for 2-3 minutes, and remove the tea bag from your cup;
  • Cut the tea bag, and pour the shredded tea leaves in a container;
  • Take a finger-full of the tea leaves from the container and exfoliate your skin. 
You'll feel a cooling sensation if the tea leaves are still warm. I use this method to particularly scrub my nose and forehead.



Lastly, touch your nose and feel the smoothness of your skin. Can you believe that this is more effective than any branded scrub at the beauty counter? ** Actually this method was a suggestion from DH. After further research, I found that other sites suggest using the entire tea bag to apply on the skin, or mixing the beverage with oil and sugar. Without being biased, I much prefer DH's idea.**

Use as a toner
  • If you're not drinking the green tea you just made, or turning it into ice green tea, then why not pour it in an empty spray bottle and refrigerate it;
  • When chilled, spray on a cotton pad, and dab it on your skin.

Use as a facial rinse

This method is being used by Korean actresses (you can find more details here: vivawoman.net).
  • Wash face with normal face wash;
  • Steam or apply a hot towel on your face (to open up your pores);
  • Use the chilled tea drink to rinse your face;
  • Dry with a clean towel.
Let me know the results. Enjoy and have fun!

No comments: