Friday, August 6, 2010

Medical checkup results

I've completed my medical checkup, and the results were not promising. I should keep an eye on my borderline high level of cholesterol. Yeaps, normal weight people can have high cholesterol too.

For the past 2 years, I've been indulging myself with fast food, soft drinks, fried food, animal meat and fats, sweets, sugar, and have decreased my fruits and vegetable intake considerably. I've stopped exercising for the last 2 years, and have been sleeping at 1-2am almost every night. My friends can't recognize my lifestyle anymore.

Other than food, the body's response to stress is another factor to consider. The lady at the clinic told me to relax.

My mom used to remind me and DH to sleep between 11 pm and 4 am to stay healthy. I used to be ridiculed for sleeping at 10pm, but got a awake up call again today at the clinic that going to bed late (i.e. 12am and later) can be harmful for the body.

Thanks mom for the reminders ;)

No comments: