Monday, April 5, 2010

Unsolicited Advice

I was raised to give and receive advices. With my family and close friends, we like to read, watch and share interesting information, mainly about health, books, and life philosophy. We don't react negatively to advices, even to acquaintances or strangers, unless it is unreasonable of course.

For the past year, I've come to realize that not everyone take unsolicited advices positively. They think it is rude and that the advice giver is arrogant (I'm still surprised to have learned about this). Even though it is genuinely to be helpful, they will harbor ill feelings against you. I noticed that most of the time, they will not let you finish your sentence and will quickly change subject. I guess, they are more likely to listen if they'd paid for it... there's nothing wrong about that, well good for them! It is sad that they feel annoyed, but it is the truth. Different people have different values in life. What works for one may not work for another. That will be the lesson learned.

A new rule I should live by: NEVER GIVE UNSOLICITED ADVICE!!! Even asked, I will most likely decline. Most of them probably want to vent their problems, which is common, so I'd better give them my sympathy instead, and learn to shut my mouth.

I will, however, remain true to my family and close friends, with whom we share common values. And because I am still myself, I will always welcome advices without grudges :)

Blogging is fortunately in the safe zone, as it is meant for readers who are interested and searched for the information.


This picture was taken a while ago, while traveling by car. It is amazing how the colors came out nicely behind the front window, without color alterations... I still do not know how to use Photoshop with ease (it's harder than baking!!!)... I'm learning like a turtle.

No comments: