Monday, February 8, 2010

Baked potato with chicken

As I grow older (and older), my likes and dislikes slowly changed. I got exposed to different environments, met different people, learned my deserved lessons and expanded my understandings and personal perceptions (hopefully to the better).

I did noticed that my tastes in music and food have also changed. Goodbye sad slow songs, no more sad Korean movies that make you cry like a baby. Food wise, can't stand deep fried food anymore (cough cough), and watch out the dishes that incorporate oyster sauce, fish sauce, black soy sauce, and so on.

Here's a dish that I did (for the first time), and amazingly passed the test of DH's harsh food critics (especially when it comes to my cooking). A year of home cooking did pay off after all!

  

I got the original recipe of "baked potato tuna" from my favorite site (allrecipe.com) and did a bit of changes.

First, I replaced the tuna with chicken breast that I minced. Then, I stir fry it in a hot pan with butter and 1/2 c. of diced onion (to get some flavor). Pour the cooked chicken in a bowl of mashed potato, which was sliced steamed for about 20 min. Add 2 eggs, 3 T. of Parmesan cheese, cream and a bit of water (or replace it with 1 cup of milk). Pour the mixture in a baking pan, and top it with another 3 T. of Parmesan cheese and 3 slices of cheddar cheese. Bake it in the oven for around 45 minutes @ 200 degrees Celsius.

I prepared Tabouli salad to go with it.

No comments: