Friday, December 4, 2009

NARS Eyeshadow Swatch

Not long ago, I received a birthday gift :) a NARS eyeshadow palette.

I'm not sure how to call it, because the front paper box says Makeup Artist Palette, the back paper box says Lip Lacquer and Lipstick, and the back palette says Night Series Mini Palette Eyeshadow... I'm confused here! I can't find a similar one on the NARS official website, or on an English blog review.

**UPDATE: I received a comment from a reader that this NARS eyeshadow palette is FAKE, because they never make a 12 colors palette. That explains the confusing descriptions on the packaging. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!***


The shades' names given are:
  • left: night star, night clubbing
  • center: night snow, night rider
  • right: night fever, night fairy
Only 6 shades out of 12 :(  So, to make things simple, I won't name the shades on my pictures, but only numbers.

Here are a few of the swatches from the total 12 eyeshadow colors.




The shades are in the purple range and look lovely, but they are flaky and not much pigmented. I had to apply a few times to get the colors you see. Note that I've already applied a primer underneath.

This is a second swatch I made between NARS and Everyday Minerals (EDM), just to show you the pigmentation. For EDM, I used my favorite colors Laptop and Oasis. See how EDM is more pigmented?


In any case, I can't wait to try them on, and see how they look like on my eyelids =^_^=

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the nars 12 color you got, are FAKE, nars never make that 12 color.

Ly said...

Thanks Anonymous. That's what I suspected too. For other readers, don't buy 12 colors palette.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

I like this site. Really nice place for all