Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Daily Skin Care Routine

Here's my daily skin care routine. Note that the brands highlighted in purple color are a keeper for me, and the ones that are not highlighted, I won't buy them again.



Morning:
  • Johnson's 3 in 1 sensitive skin facial wash (soap free). Personally, I find that this is a good product, but when I use it morning and night for consecutive days, my skin becomes too dry. So now, I'm trying to finish off the bottle by using it alternatively every other mornings with Smooth E Face Wash (see below for review);
  • I skip the toner or astringent because it's too drying for my skin;
  • Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom face lotion, my favorite moisture lotion. I've been using it for many years, it's the best so far. I've always preferred lotion over cream, because it's not thick and can be quickly absorbed without leaving oily residues.
  • Origins Brighter by Nature moisture lotion with SPF25/PA++. So far, I haven't found a good sunscreen yet. If you have any suggestions, let me know! Also, I don't like to apply a SPF directly on my skin without a separate moisturizer.
Night:
  • Nivea eye make-up remover. This is a good make-up remover. It's gentle enough for your eyes, not oily at all, is very effective in removing thick mascara, and doesn't blur your eyes (if you know what I mean).
  • Smooth E Face Wash This is a favorite face wash, but it's hard to find outside Thailand, although they do sell it online (smooth-e.com). This face wash effectively removes impurity from my skin, while keeping it moisturized. I find it better and much more affordable than the Origins Frothy Face Wash. The Smooth E face wash is a bubble-free cleanser, which claims not to leave chemical residues, which clog pore, cause acne and destroy the skin's natural moisturizer resulting in fine lines and wrinkles. The main ingredients are: Natural Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe Vera Oil , Primrose Oil, and Non-Ionic Surfactant. Since it's a hard to find product, once I finish the bottle, I will be trying the Nivea face wash because of the good reviews.
  • Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom face lotion

Here are larger pictures of the products:




No comments: