Friday, October 16, 2009

Ginger, Mom's home remedy against flu

I spoke to my mom this morning. Upon hearing my voice, she knows that I have a flu. I've been sneezing, coughing, I have runny nose, nasal congestion, and sore throat. It's a great flu package. Yet, I'm too stubborn to take any medication.

My mom gave me this ginger remedy.
  • Thinly slice a ginger into 2-3 slices;
  • Put the slices in a small cup;
  • Pour hot water to cover the ginger slices;
  • Wait 1-2 minutes, then put the ginger slice in your mouth, use it like a throat lozenge.
Remember to drink lots of water, including freshly squeezed orange juice or apple juice for vitamin C and/or freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with honey for sore throat, and take lots of rest.

Thank you MOM!!!

Update: for a home remedy against cough, take 1 teaspoon of pure honey with a pinch of ground pepper, several times a day. At night, apply Vicks VapoRub ointment along your lower neckline and chest.

No comments: