Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Makeup Brush Collection and How I Clean Them

This is my makeup brush collection. It's a small collection of my most useful and favorite brushes: MAC 217 blending brush, MAC 219 pencil brush, Smashbox 10 crease brush, and Everyday Mineral brushes for my mineral powder makeup (flat top kabuki brush, long handle kabuki brush, angle blush brush, eye kabuki brush, and foundation brush).


Notice that some of the brushes are not clean? I'll show you in a short while how I clean my makeup brush... just scroll down below and see...

I love my Everyday Mineral makeup and brushes. The brushes are soft and very reasonable in pricing. You'll notice that the EDM brushes I have are the old version... with the old logo.

See how soft they are?


For the eye brushes, I like using the MAC and Smashbox brushes for softness and quality. I've read many reviews before I bought those specific brushes. I decided to get only the few essentials, so I can afford for the good quality ones ^^

Remember to clean your brushes from time to time, depending on how often you use them, to avoid bacteria built up on the brushes, avoid pimples on your face, and to keep the brushes longer.

How I clean my makeup brushes

For small brushes, I use the MAC brush cleanser:


1- Pour a small quantity of the MAC brush cleanser in a container, it's better to use a Petri dish... I don't have one so I'm using this plastic container;


2- Dip your brush for a few seconds in the liquid;



3- Softly paint back and forth on a kitchen paper towel, you'll see some colors coming out on the paper towel;


4- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on a clean part of the paper towel until there's no color on it (I don't rinse it in water);

5- Lay flat on kitchen paper towel to dry your brush (see last picture below).


For larger brush, I use light shampoo with conditioner (because I don't want to waste my MAC brush cleanser (^o^):


1- Put 1 drop of shampoo in the crease of your palm;


2- Under running water, preferably lukewarm, brush it back and forth on your palm;
3- Do not wet the ferrule area!


4- Softly paint back and forth on the kitchen paper towel;


5- Lay flat on kitchen paper towel to dry your brush.


They're now clean!!!

2 comments:

helloa100 said...

Wow! another useful blog from you na ka. Let's clean my brush bang dee kwa eiei...

Thanks na ka :)

P.S. It's Jern na ka, I use my b/f gmail acct ka :)

Lily (aka Ly) said...

for a while I thought it was someone else! hahaha... Thanks for your comment!!!